Sunday, February 1, 2009

Recap


I put in a "great deal" (no pun intended) of poker volume this month. I played a tiny bit less than I wanted to do online, but I made up for it by playing a lot live. I am +350 at this poker game called Highgate. Although I don't play No Limit very often anymore, the players that frequent this game are horrible. Even the winning regulars are horrible. I like the people that run the game and I think they may like me, so I feel comfortable there.

I made one trip to Foxwoods with Darrick, resulting in 1 mediocre session of 10/20 and 3 phenomenal sessions of 20/40. I was playing really well and knew where I was at in almost every situation. I am +$3,750 at Foxwoods this year.

I came back from CT because of my nana's funeral and wake (not in that order). Because of some petty feuds between family members, I was expecting some crazy shit to go down at one point. I was right. A brawl ensued with my brother and one my cousins claiming that he "will hit a woman" or something to that effect. I was wasted, and all I remember is yelling.

Its strange that situations such as a dying family member can bring together (or separate) a family. I now feel like I know part of my family that I wouldn't have been able to recognize months back. Good times.

Live poker: +$4,100
Online poker: +$10,900 (w/ cake poker that doesn't show up on my graph)
Staking: -$900