Thursday, September 4, 2008

Razzie's

Today, I woke up with a foggy memory of the night before. After coming home from a long day of hard labor in the sun, I sat on my porch and played guitar while watching the cat run around. An hour of two passed, and I catch word that there is a karaoke night going on without me at a local bar called Razzie's. A handful of Molson pitchers later, I recall yelling along to Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline" with a couple friends and a bunch of strangers. My friend John, and his friend/co-worker, Ted, were sleeping in my living room as I stumbled toward the shower.

After a long thought about my current employment situation (in the shower), I came to the sad realization that I need to find a less stressful, less life consuming job. At the moment, I work 50+ hour weeks as a letter carrier for the post office. The management is heartless and my fellow employees are empty, unhappy people, for the most part. I can feel my surroundings starting to effect me and it bothers me. A lot of my friends in the resteraunt business tend to seem more lively than I. Maybe its that they get to sleep late or maybe its that they actually enjoy what they do. I need to find something that I'd love to do every day.