Friday, March 13, 2009

Galleria

I had a laptop. It was a piece of shit, but it held sentimental value to me because it embarked on a journey into professional poker with me. I hated the fucking thing, but I would play on it anyway, because it felt comfortable. Sadly, a beer (Brooklyn Brown) was spilled on the keyboard, frying the motherboard. All of the hand histories that I saved have been lost, along with music and other things that are less important. I was gonna smash it into a ton of tiny pieces and put it inside a transparent case and keep it on display in my room. I'm not going to do that, in hopes of it resurrecting some day.

Today I went to the mall and bought a new laptop. I asked the Best Buy associate which laptop he would buy if he were to buy one right now. I believed that he was being truthful to me and not selling the one with the highest profit margin, so I bought it. I also bought an Xbox 360 with 4 games, an extra controller, a guitar controller, and a pack of gum. I bought Street Fighter IV, Major League Baseball 2k9, NBA Live 09, and Guitar Hero World Tour. I'm not allowing myself to open it until I spend 90 minutes at the gym.