Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Doing Alright

I haven't been doing well in relation to maintaining a solid balance with my daily (or weekly) activities. I'm mixing in a daily workout at the YMCA with my routine. I have been slacking in that area, as well as poker. However, I have been drinking a lot.

Toward the end of the week, I ventured through Cambridge and Allston with a friend that I met last summer, Mark. We stopped for a beer at almost every bar in the area with a decent beer menu (Cambridge Common, Sunset, People's Republik, etc.). He's an all around nice guy, and knows his fair share about beer. We ended the night at Sunset with June, John, Andy among others. I had not seen most of them in a while, and it was fun to catch up with them while drinking good beer (for free).

On Monday, a friend that I met while in Asheville, NC flew up here from Florida. We hung out and talked for a few nights while we were in Asheville, exchanging contact info and the likes. I've been enjoying myself a lot while she was here. The bulk of our activities involved drinking, but we also bowled, people watched in the North End, shopped at Urban Renewal, and did other things that I cannot recall. I had a bunch of ideas for being a "tour guide" to someone that has never been to the city, but things got messy nightly, largely due to alchohol.

After dropping her off at the train station for her miniature journey through northern New England, I played pick up basketball at the YMCA. I was pleasantly surprised in my ability to keep up with players in a lot better shape than I.

I've been really lazy about poker, but won a tournament for $3,500 and am up $2,200 in HUHU. Knock on wood.

EDIT: I also got in a verbal altercation with David Pham, a terrible HUHU player. There is a tentative date for a grudge match.