Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Princeton Street

I worked on a route in East Boston today. It was right on the water, smack dab in the middle of the yuppie area of miniature dogs dressed in Santa hats, people jogging, BMW's and flashy, loud Christmas decorations.

As I left Chelsea, driving over the Meridian St. bridge, I realized that I forgot my iPod. Very glad I did. After dissecting every aspect of my life that I could think of, writing it down on the back of a Bed Bath and Beyond flyer of a vacant house, I have never felt so intensely satisfied in reading something. I did so because I wasn't able to distract myself by listening to my iPod all day.

I've confused disappointment with vexation.
I've confused happiness with comfort.

Never have I been more ready for a change of pace.
Merry Post Britmas.