Friday, June 19, 2009

Acceptable Reactions A, B and C.

Never in my life have I experienced a relatively stress-free time. There has always been someone standing on the sidelines who I would need to report to after each an every meaningful moment, whether it be my mother, a girlfriend, or a very close friend. It's a tough emotion to describe. Having someone there that cares enough to watch me and help me is often relieving and I'm grateful for it. Sometimes it becomes overbearing and limiting to other aspects of my life that are appealing to pursue. I feel like I'm incapable of taking a long deep breath. And everyone certainly needs one of those at some point.

I left Boston to chase a feeling of weightlessness and ease. I'm beginning to realize that it's impossible to ever have complete mental clarity. Similar to a utopia. It's impractical to ever achieve, but everyone's striving for it to some degree. Mainly because the idea of mental clarity isn't defined as anything in specific. It's what you perceive it to be and different than anyone else's.