Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Being in Salem

Tomorrow, I will be a resident of California. As a result, I'm forced to run crazy amounts of errands up to the very hour that I depart (i.e. taking my car off the road, canceling my bills at my previous apartment, packing, meeting up with people, etc). I can't wait for this anxious/frantic period of time to be over and I can finally relax.

I'm listening to a mix that I made for a friend that I never shipped out. I don't really plan to anymore, mainly because it won't appeal to her as much as I had originally thought. It's sick sick sick though. I wrote Chop Suey on the disc, having nothing to do with System of a Down. Track list:

1. "Children's Story" by Slick Rick
2. "Fireworks" by The Whitest Boy Alive
3. "Fake Palindromes" by Andrew Bird
4. "A New Chance" by The Tough Alliance
5. "All Falls Down" by Kanye West featuring Sylena Johnson
6. "Down the Line" by Jose Gonzalez
7. "The Go in the Go-For-It" by Grandaddy
8. "Weed Demon" by Wavves (I listen to unhealthy amounts of this band.)
9. "Chicago (Adult Contemporary, Easy Listening Version)" by Sufjan Stevens
10. "Agoraphobia" by Deerhunter
11. "We Have Mice (Boombox Version) by Casiotone for the Painfully Alone
12. "Fear and Loathing on Cape Cod" by Piebald
13. "Baby" by J Dilla featuring Madlib and Guilty Simpson
14. "Pistol Dreams" by The Tallest Man on Earth

I love the way that it plays through because it is so choppy sounding and each song sets a distinctly different mood. If you want it, it's yours.