Sunday, June 7, 2009

Haiku

I'm considering writing a haiku for each important person that I've met thus far. I was inspired to do so by a haiku posted on my new fridge:

Lady on the bus.
You fuck all your friends when drunk,
Now the whole bus knows.


I have some rough ideas for pretty much everyone. This one is for Jimmy MacCarthy, a fellow Bostonian sporting many different articles of Sox attire. We met as I exited the bathroom at a bar called The Broken Record.

You lived in D-town.
We drunkenly shook hands thrice.
"You rep Boston good."


Jose is a beer vendor from the Mission that knows ridiculous amounts about every topic I mentioned. We talked about Mo Vaughn, Phillip Seymour Hoffman's early works, Six Point Brewing Company, Mormonism, earthquakes, etc. He was cutting up newspaper clippings at an Irish bar in a largely Hispanic neighborhood.

Something in your teeth,
Is pink and looks like putty.
So irritating.


Rory was born and raised in Dublin and is living here illegally. He works as a mason and for a moving company in San Francisco and has been miserably doing so for 4 years. His friend wanted to buy coke off of me, and was let down by the fact that I didn't have any. I guess being Irish in San Francisco means that you have access to coke. We obviously met at a bar.

You wrote your number,
On a paper I threw out.
Your girlfriend was cute.


I took a random sequence of buses yesterday, and it took me to the most expensive area of the city. It's called The Marina, and there was a bumpin' festival going on. This area of town is incomparable to any area of Boston, but sort of reminds me of a Newbury St/Beacon Hill fusion on the beach. Twenty-something year old snotty rich kids were running rampant with their Ferragamo shoes and Prada sunglasses. By the time I got there, it was 2pm and the healthy majority of people were drunk. In my travels, a drunk Asian kid (of a similar build to mine) lightly tapped me in the face with his digital camera and snapped a picture. I slapped it out of his hands and walked away.

Wanted to punch you.
Very satisfied with my choice,
To break your camera.


I have 4 more, but after revisiting them, I noticed that they could come across as mildly offensive. I need to re-work them for a PG audience.

Also: I was rocked by the sun yesterday and have a nasty sunburn on my face and neck, leaving to me resemble a tomato.