Friday, May 29, 2009

Jones' Orange Matches

It's 4:00AM here in Boston and I am packing up my belongings at a snail's pace. After some quick math and research, I have realized that it makes pretty close to no sense for me to rent a storage facility as I relocate to San Francisco. I have a bunch of furniture that I am never going to want in any future apartment of mine, a giant TV, and a game console that I hardly use. To pay $30 a month to store a bunch of useless shit annoys me. Ideally, I'd like to rent out a storage space for 3-4 months, to have a fallout plan, in case things don't work out over there ( <-- ).

I just watched MIA's interview with slithery political comedian, Bill Maher. My thoughts on him can be positive or negative on any given topic, but I enjoy what he does. Anyhow, it seems as if MIA gives the American public way too much credit, as far as knowledge-of-foreign-affairs is concerned. Over a significant sample, I would be SHOCKED if 15% of the American public knows where Sri Lanka is located. Shocked.

Since the early 80's, the Sri Lankan had been fighting off a separatist military organization named the LTTE. In a nutshell, LTTE fought for an independent state in the northeast area of Sri Lanka. Fast forward 26 years later, and 80,000 people are killed as a result, along with a failing economy, and warped population rates.

Check out the Bill Maher interview, if it's of interest to you. Pretty wild stuff.