Thursday, May 14, 2009

Today and In February

I sent out countless drunken text messages to those fortunate enough to receive them. Some were ugly. Some were beautiful. Apologies regardless.

Last night, I joined some friends for a karaoke night over by Symphony Hall. The bar is called Our House East.

HIGHLIGHTS:
Chief sings"Thong Song"
John confesses that Soundgarden songs covered by women make him weak in the knees.
I hate Soundgarden.
The drop dead gorgeous bartender who took shots with us and charged us for about 1/3rd of our drinks.

I ended up making it home in one piece, only to leave for the downtown area around 3AM. I hung out there and hit up a diner on my home. (South Street Diner)

I'm finally taking initiative toward finding a new home for next month (June). Ideally, I want to stick around the Boston area until I collect all the money that is owed to me, but it may not work out that way. I have an application pending for a studio in Brooklyn and am keeping my fingers crossed.

The idea of hooking up with random girls does not appeal to me very much. For such an emotion-filled action to be done without emotion freaks me out, and seems vaguely ironic. A few months back (February), a girl who I had never been close with, but knew, kissed me. At the time, I was in a relationship and it was speculated that we were breaking up. She was a mutual friend that I met through my then girlfriend. I know this topic seems bland, but I felt that her reason for kissing me was to hurry along the process of separating by telling her what I did. Partially, I feel guilty for it, although I'm told that I shouldn't. It's interesting to dissect a person's true intentions after the fact. Amen.